If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Monday, June 25, 2012

the cat and me


she used to be a bad ass
jumping from one
piece of furniture
to the other
always landing
gently

i would watch her
as she would slowly advance
on her prey
and then attack
she was a marvel to watch

she is now getting older
can’t remember where
to piss and shit
can’t remember if she
has been fed
it’s a constant

meow
meow
meow
meow
meow

i yell at her
like she understands
what I’m saying
sometimes
giving her a little
nudge on her
back side

still yet
she continues to
find a spot on
top of me to nestle

she and I are
more alike than
I thought

both just looking to
feel wanted at the
end of the day
no matter what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment