If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

women and whiskey


Ill never understand women
but I love them
I love them more when
their naked
and even more
when I’m privileged
to be around them naked

nothing like a woman
coming out of the
shower, dripping wet
towel wrapped
around her
exposing just enough

she’s clean from
days past,
just for you

the smell of her hair
her skin
ripe for the taking

no hesitation about
venturing down
and taking her in
getting drunk off her
juices,

ah, like the taste of
an aged whiskey
nothing but complete bliss

but once you try to
understand
it doesn’t matter
how much she showers
the ugliness appears
and her taste
becomes sour

I’m better off with
whiskey
at least I know what
to expect

No comments:

Post a Comment