If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Monday, July 9, 2012

oh sweet girl



she was more fucked up
than I was
popping her pills, carrying
her own flask, threatening
me with suicide and
a relationship to boot

it was good to be the lesser
of two evil doers

nothing like picking
the broad up from the
floor and dusting her off

the pills, booze
and mental illness
had one up on me
they drained her
sexual energy

I kept her by my side anyway
Why not?

the one thing I needed at the time
other than sex with a fish
(that I could get elsewhere)
were the tools she had
to deal with the other bullshit

the last time I saw her
she was still on the floor
licking varnish

her pills, booze and threats
were no good to me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment