If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Monday, September 24, 2012

It comes every year but It still gets at me....

my moods change 
with every season
they always have and
i know there is a term 
for that
and a diagnosis for
that matter
‘seasonal affective disorder’

i have not been officially
diagnosed but i’m
certain I could be

the fall always brings on 
sadness although
it is my favorite of the 4

it is a warning
that cold weather and snow 
are just around the corner

when the rodents begin
stocking up on food 
taking up an annoying 
residence inside my walls

and the leaves are preparing for their
descent onto my lawn
giving me more shit to do

and the women of summer
are putting away their clothing 
in exchange for 
sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets
and long pants

i don’t want this
these things depress me
so i drink more
and diagnose myself with
alcohol affective disorder
and retreat as i always do

No comments:

Post a Comment