If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Thursday, September 20, 2012

everyone needs something to look forward to


I see her every morning
walking up with her
boys beside her
watching carefully as 
the little one runs circles
around her
whether she is dressed in 
jeans
shorts
or sweats
it doesn’t matter
she is brilliant
her hair always perfectly
pulled back
she always has a smile
on her face
it’s a tired one
but nonetheless a smile
this has become a part
of my daily routine
waiting until she
turns the corner
and having those small
interactions
so that I can begin my day

No comments:

Post a Comment