If you enjoy reading the poems you can purchase full length books which include some of the poems on this page, as well as, others. Support Poetry, Support me. Share with friends.

You will see the books to the right, your right (if your looking at the screen) and to the left if your back is to the screen.

thanks for looking

Remember when you get to the bottom of the page click
"older posts' to get more poems......

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

metamorphosis

i’m starting to resemble those

people I laughed at

picked on

stole from

when they were

not looking

i’m now

the guy

sitting at a coffee shop

consuming

coffee after coffee

reading poetry books

headphones in my ears

writing in between

of course a little bit “cooler”

because my motorcycle helmet

and tattoos are prominently displayed

i guess this is me now

a me i never thought

i would be

it’s not that bad

it could be worse

people could actually

show interest and want

to speak to me

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    we met today at the Nu Cafe; I am the guy that was playing guitar. I'm glad I was one of those "people [that] could actually show interest and want to speak to me." It has been worthwhile; it has led me to your poetry. Nice stuff!

    Since I have to pick a profile to comment, I picked livejournal; I have an account, but I don't think there's much there; I've been mostly playing guitar. Maybe I'll get back to writing when my fingers freeze up!

    I hope we meet again.

    Tom Ewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete